Deckhand Yacht Jobs
Depending on the size of yacht, there are between 1 and 10 or so deckhands.
Yacht Deckhand Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting Bosun and Mate(s) with maintenance projects such as sanding caulking, filling and taping up for varnishing or painting
- Responsible for cleanliness of the yacht – wash downs, stainless polishing, waxing
- Learning about yacht maintenance, operations and systems-line handling, tender driving, navigation, safety , accompanying and supervising guests as required during water sports and diving activities
Yacht Deckhand Required Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude
- Good teamwork
- At ease with manual labor
- Recreational boating skills and aptitude a plus
- Carpentry, mechanical skills and aptitude a plus
- Entry requirements : STCW’95 Basic crew training. A power boat level 2 or more is beneficial.
If you have not yet registered with YPI Crew on our database, it is an easy and straightforward procedure. Simply upload your CV, certificates, references, passport, a medical certificate such as an ENG1 and you will automatically be considered for all boat deckhand vacancy positions currently available.
Our administrator will review your CV and email you to acknowledge the application. Once you are registered, you can check in online through the website by clicking on ‘Log In’ and then ‘Check In’.