Ten Reasons to Work in the Yachting Industry
At YPI Crew, leading crew recruitment agency on the Cote d’Azur, crew agents are always on the look-out for exceptional personnel to work on luxury superyachts berthed in the region or cruising the world.
But how do you know whether a yacht job is the right path for you or not? If you are tempted by a career on the sea, take a look at this list of the ten reasons to work in the yachting industry drawn up by an experienced crew.
- Working in the superyacht industry allows you to travel and see the world: discover the pristine beaches, picturesque port towns and stunning places from the islands of the Caribbean to the French Riviera hotspots.
- It is as far removed from working in an office as you can find.
- Superyachts are typically owned by ultra-high net worth individuals, who are not averse to tipping generously the employees.
- The pay is excellent. Besides, your meal and board costs are covered.
- The holiday allowance is usually very generous too.
- When working on a yacht, you tend to work alongside like-minded, well-travelled people.
- Since you work in confined spaces for long periods of time, you tend to build up very strong relationships with the people you work with.
- There is also a strong possibility that you might end up working for some pretty fascinating people – or even someone famous.
- There are good career prospects; it is quite usual for crew to climb the ladder and take on more roles and responsibilities with each year they work.
- There will be possibilities to take courses and add to your qualifications whilst you are working.