Helpful Tips to Land a Great Yacht Job Plus the Latest Stewardess Job
May has been an incredible busy month with events such as the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix with yachts filling the ports, all along the French Riviera. Even though the chaos has come to a slight halt, summer is right around the corner… meaning more jobs!
How can you make yourself stand out as a Stewardess?
It’s not always easy finding a job, so here are some helpful tips to try and land you a job for the season.
- Look the part – When coming in to YPI Crew for an interview with one of our crew recruitment managers, make sure to come in appropriately dressed, preferably in yachting attire (ie. clean white shirt/shorts/deck shoes). By doing so you are showing a sense of professionalism, which is highly sought after within the yachting industry.
- Qualifications – As you already may know, STCW95 and ENG1 are essential, but do you have any other certificates that might aid you? Certificates and licenses such as powerboat II, silver service, VHF license, etc. are some examples of qualifications that could lift your profile.
- What about your CV? – Are you sure that your CV is clear with a nice picture? Do you mention all hospitality and previous boat experiences as well as explain your duties? Don’t forget references! Other useful experiences are cleaning, washing, cooking!
- Other skills – Do you have any other skills that might compliment your chances of landing a stewardess job? If you speak more than one language you’re already one step ahead. Languages aren’t everything, some clients look for those with other skill sets, such as: beauty therapists, masseuses and fitness instructors. If you have a skill that could be beneficial, don’t forget to mention it.
Hope this will be of assistance! YPI Crew wish you GOOD LUCK!
Here at YPI crew we currently have the following jobs available:
- Fluent Portuguese speaking stewardess required for a new build MY. Massage/Fitness skills a plus but not essential. permanent position. ASAP start.