Deckhand Yacht Jobs
Depending on the size of yacht, there are between 1 and 10 or so deckhands.
Yacht Deckhand Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting Bosun and Mate(s) with maintenance projects such as sanding caulking, filling and taping up for varnishing or painting
- Responsible for cleanliness of the yacht – wash downs, stainless polishing, waxing
- Learning about yacht maintenance, operations and systems-line handling, tender driving, navigation, safety , accompanying and supervising guests as required during water sports and diving activities
Yacht Deckhand Required Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude
- Good teamwork
- At ease with manual labor
- Recreational boating skills and aptitude a plus
- Carpentry, mechanical skills and aptitude a plus
- Entry requirements : STCW’95 Basic crew training. A power boat level 2 or more is beneficial.
If you have not yet registered with YPI Crew on our database, it is an easy and straightforward procedure. Simply upload your CV, certificates, references, passport, a medical certificate such as an ENG1 and you will automatically be considered for all boat deckhand vacancy positions currently available.
Our administrator will review your CV and email you to acknowledge the application. Once you are registered, you can check in online through the website by clicking on ‘Log In’ and then ‘Check In’.
How much does a Deckhand on a yacht earn?
87 deckhands on both motor and sailing yachts have contributed with their salaries, revealing a fairly consistent average monthly salary irrespective of the size or status of the yacht or nature of the contract. Deckhands on a motor yacht can expect to earn between €2000 to €3000 a month – or moderately more if permanent on a vessel over 101m in length. For deckhands on a sailing yacht this falls slightly to between €1800 and €2900 a month.
Deckhand on a Motor Yacht
Deckhand on a Sailing Yacht