Purser Yacht Jobs
A good candidate for the Purser yacht jobs will have excellent administrative skills. Whilst experience in such a role on a cruise liner helps, it is not a pre-requisite, whereas being accurate, organised and having excellent computer skills is.
Purser Yacht Job Responsibilities:
- Working with management company accountants to maintain accounts, budgets and other financial reports.
- Working with Heads of Departments to ensure timely processing of budgets, invoices, payments, credit card and expense reconciliations.
- Assisting Heads of Departments with purchasing, provisioning and purchasing logistics.
- Responsible for administration, accounting, collection and payment of all onboard money.
- Responsible for all crew administration including payroll.
- Ensuring all crew certification is in up-to-date and correct.
- Responsible for keeping up to-date crew/passenger berthing lists and reporting any changes.
- Responsible for all crew travel and guest travel as required.
- Assisting Captain with all yacht logistics as required.
- Performing Customs, Immigration and Port Clearance requirements.
- Advanced planning and preparation for owner and guest trips, including on-site reconnaissance as required.
- Pre-arrival destination/event/venue checks for guests, including transport options, security facilities and bookings for events, sightseeing trips and eating out.
- Planning and directing events and activities for owners and guests ashore.
- Assisting owner and owner’s representative out of season as required.
How Do I Find a Yacht Purser Job?
To apply for a Purser yacht job, register on our website and upload your crew CV and one of our experienced yacht crew agents will get in touch to discuss available yacht Purser jobs that best match your skill set. Once registered, ensure to log in to your account regularly to keep your CV, location and profile up to date to be considered for our latest opportunities.
How much does a Purser on a yacht earn?
In a yacht crew salary survey conducted by YPI CREW, 34 Pursers, 61 Chief Stews, and 22 Second Stews contributed their salaries.
Pursers, after Engineers, are the category who most have access to rotation. 59% of Pursers reported having rotation whilst only 18% of Chief Stews said they benefit from that perk.